I’ve been wanting to start the “Tips & Tricks” blog posts for awhile now. I figured that those of us who had advice (on any topics), or knew things that could help others, it would be beneficial to start sharing those ideas. I’ll be contributing different kinds of “Tips & Tricks“, such as things to do with the internet, social media, home, crafts and many others!! Be sure to stay connected to “TigerStrypes” to see the new ones that get posted.
Today’s Post Will Be About:
“Keeping Your HE Washer Clean”
Today’s “Tips & Tricks” post is about “Keeping Your HE Washer Clean“. There are so many of us with the front loader style washers in our laundry rooms now, I was very surprised when some of my friends and family didn’t know that there was an easy way to help keep them clean.
We’ve all ready (and probably smelled) the problems that happen in the seal behind the door. That one is easy to clean, by just laying a towel soaked with vinegar in the gasket for awhile and then rinsing it out. You can even use oxi-style powder, etc., to help clean that portion. I figured that almost everyone knew about that. But what about the detergent drawer? That is the part that a lot didn’t know how to clean easily. So now you will!!
1. Start by pulling out the drawer, as you always do to add detergent, etc.
2. To remove it, you just push down on the little tab at the rear portion of the drawer (usually where you add bleach).
3. After that, you just pull it out gently toward you, pushing the tab a bit harder, if you need.
4. Now, you can just remove the tubs, lids, etc. and clean it out with warm water and some soap. If it’s really bad, you might need to leave it soak for awhile. You can also use a cleaning brush, or just a rag to help clean it out.
5. To finish, just gently push the drawer back into the area, and wait to hear the “click”. That lets you know that it’s secure. Now you’re ready to enjoy your clean washer and help it to get your laundry even cleaner!
I hope that this “Tips & Tricks” post has helped you today. If so, let me know in the comments. If not, or if you already knew about this, then just let me know a “Tip” or a “Trick” that you would be interested in for the future!
Have a great day!