Being a part of “The Blogger Connection” and “TBC Crafter’s Hop” (#TBCcrafters) is a great blessing. We all get to share our ideas and crafting tips together in a big group of great friends. Here’s my craft for today.
Those of us who have old records laying around or are able to find some at yard sales for a quarter can make this great bowl to use during the holidays or on game days – either way, it’s a great way to up-cycle an old item.
Old Record Bowl
1. Start by heating your oven to 200°.
2. Place the bowl upside down in the middle of your cookie sheet.
3. Now place the record directly on top of the bowl.
4. Carefully place your structure inside your oven and allow to heat for eight minutes.
5. Carefully remove the record and bowl from the oven (they will be hot).
6. Place the record inside the bowl. This will allow your record to take shape a little better. You can also manipulate the records shape with your hands to add more ripples to the vinyl.
** You only have about a minute until the vinyl has cooled and will not shape. If you are not pleased with the out come you can place it back inside the oven for a few more minutes to reheat it to give you more time to continue to form it.
Do You Have Any Favorite Crafts?
Do you have a Thrilling Thursday craft to add? Add a link to your blog post in the linky below after you’ve left a comment on this post and add this button to your blog post!”