It’s getting to be that time of year, when we can all start making plans for Spring and Summer travel. There are so many places that my family wants to go. I would love to go visit Colorado, and Northern California to see the beautiful San Francisco Bay area. So many different places to see, so little time.
If you love to travel, you may be wondering what to expect this year, especially with travel season right around the corner. Every year, the travel industry makes major changes and improvements, and 2015 is no exception. From business networking to comfort improvements, here’s what you can expect if you plan to travel in the next few months.
1. More and more, travelers are booking through Airbnb and similar companies. Often, you can’t even book certain hotels and lodges on a traditional website if you wanted to, because they’re only available via room-sharing sites. Alternatively, you can find great hotel prices, like for San Francisco hotels, elsewhere.
2. Airports will send alerts to your phone. If you have your phone’s location sensor enabled when traveling, don’t be alarmed if you get alerts when you’re close to currency exchange counters of when you’re by your gate.
3. Hotels are making comfortable sleep a priority. For example, the MGM Grand in Las Vegas has made tech enhancements to their lighting and furniture to give guests a better night’s sleep.
4. Your smartphone will act as your wallet, too, and organize all of your important travel documents.
5. If you’re traveling for business, you can use KLM airline’s Meet and Seat program to sit next to people who would make excellent business contacts. Pairing is based on your social media profiles.
6. You’ll make a contribution while traveling. Many travel vendors are donating a portion of proceeds to various charities. If you have a specific charity in mind, you may be able to find a vendor who contributes directly to them.
7. There are big-name conferences and meetings throughout the world, and you can get involved even if you’re on vacation primarily for fun and relaxation. Twitter is a great way to tune-in to what professionals in your niche and area are doing.
8. Airlines are installing new seats that are more comfortable and spacious. Flyers will be able to choose between more classes of seats, plus other upgraded amenities.
9. Boarding will be easier thanks to more space in overhead bins. You won’t have to wait for fellow travelers to cram their coats and bags in next to each other.
This year’s travel trends are truly changing the way we explore the world.
Disclaimer: I, Jamie Tomkins, own and operate Tiger Strypes Blog located at www.tigerstrypes.com. From time to time you’ll hear about my experiences with services from companies and individuals. Let it be known that I have no affiliation with these said companies, and have received compensation for posting about their service/product. The information in this post was given to me from the company and is not based off my own personal experience; I can not guarantee that your experience will be the same.
I love holidays. Planning holiday trips can be cumbersome but knowing the excitement that awaits us, makes it all worth it.
That’s why I usually have someone plan it for me! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!