*I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*
Crested Butte Int’l Lodge & Hostel
NOT JUST FOR KIDS! Youth of all ages welcome here… Perfect for Families, friends, and fun seeking individuals! Amenities include: A fully equipped kitchen, a great room, fireplace, games, books, & more! There is plenty of storage space available for all of your gear, bike racks outside. We have a small retail counter where you can purchase the items you may have forgotten as well as get a snack or homemade baked good. A full service Laundromat is located on the premise, do your laundry yourself or we’ll do it for you! HIGH SPEED internet access, fax and copy services as well as Public Showers are available to guests and the general public.
What you can expect:
– A fully-equipped kitchen is available for your use.
– Meal plans are available to Groups of 10 or more.
– You clean up after yourself but there are no chores assigned here. No Curfew or lockouts.
-The Great Room is a gathering place for all. Curl up by the fire, pop in a movie, play a game, work on a puzzle, or select a good book from the library.
– You will have access to extensive local info and to people who have been where you’re interested in going. High Speed Internet Access! A friendly knowledgeable staff that can let you in on what’s happenin’ around town.
– A beautiful rental apartment is available on a nightly basis. Complete with a balcony, fireplace, private entrance & parking, it sleeps up to 6 people.
Great Things About The Lodge:
1. Stay at the Crested Butte Int’l Lodge & Hostel & get 2 FREE nights*. Located in town, the hostel offers lodging at an unbeatable price. Take advantage of its fully stocked kitchen and spacious communal area while socializing with other visiting outdoor enthusiasts. They have a killer deal I outlined below.
2. Use the free shuttle. A free shuttle operates between the town of Crested Butte and Mt. Crested Butte, where the ski area is located. The shuttle picks up mere yards away from the hostel front door every 15 minutes so you’re never waiting in the cold for too long.
3. Explore the historic town. While skiing or riding might be your main objective, take some time to explore the historic town of Crested Butte. With its Victorian charm, exquisite food options, and numerous shops, you will have plenty to do if the mountain isn’t calling your name.
4. Need a ski run suggestion? Take International. This black diamond run combines steep terrain, spectacular views, and all around FUN. Wait for a powder day to ski it tips down. Want a ridiculous challenge? Head down Rambo, the steepest ski run in North America– but beware: if you fall on this run, you won’t recover your footing until the bottom of the hill.
5. Walk to the Gas Cafe next to the Hostel and buy a Shurley. While this breakfast sandwich may not technically be on the menu, they will know what you’re talking about. Just think of it as a delicious egg, cheese, and meat biscuit sandwich comparable to a certain fast food chain’s breakfast sandwich, but this monumental advancement in gastronomy also has a hash brown patty thrown in. The Hurley is the ham version that’s on the menu, but the real winner here is the sausage version–The Shurley (side note–the Burley is the bacon version that also isn’t on the menu).
So come to Crested Butte and experience an epic vacation at an unbelievable price. Staying at the Hostel gives you a central hub to pick up the mountain shuttle , explore the town of Crested Butte, and trade travel tips with fellow guests. But seriously, take my advice about the Shurley.
*And get this– for stays between 1/9/15 and 2/3/15, the hostel is giving away 2 free nights for every 2 nights booked. Just book by 12/31/14 and get this deal. Prices start at $36 for dorm beds and $89 for private rooms. Use booking code b2g2 on www.crestedbuttelodging.com to take advantage of this sweet deal or, call us at (970) 349-2400.