Recipes & More! – #TastyTuesday
I wanted to start doing something about recipes here at TigerStrypes Blog. I see so many others having some great things on theirs, and figured it would be fun to share different ones here at TigerStrypes Blog. I love finding new ideas on Pinterest, or other social media and actually making something yummy for my family. I always hear of families having Taco Tuesday or Meatloaf Monday, and sorry, that’s just not for me. There are a few recipes that I use that are saved in my special recipe file, and I’ll make those a little more often than others. I just want to offer my husband and our son different choices. I don’t want us to get bored with the same thing and the same flavors. Now don’t get me wrong, when things are on sale at the grocery store, I’ll be figuring out all different things to make with that. I’ve heard the “Oh Mom, Chicken Again?” drama line from DJ, but hey, if you don’t want to eat, then see ya!! Like the sign says in my kitchen…”You have 2 choices for dinner…Take it or Leave it!”. Pick one! 🙂
So with this “Recipes & More! – #TastyTuesday” weekly blog post, what I decided to start with is making something you see on a box mix. How many times do you buy a cake mix or a bag of mix for cookies, and always see that recipe on the side, but never make it? I figured it would be fun to go through my pantry and use the ones I had and make something from what it shows. I saw that some of the mixes I had didn’t have a recipe on them, so for those, I’ll be heading to the manufacturer’s website to find one for the mix, if applicable, and sharing that. Be sure to share a favorite from your blog at the end, as well!!
This week’s recipe is for “Cappuccino Cheesecake Brownies“. I had a box of Pillsbury brownies and wanted to step it up and make something a bit more formal and yummy. This was pretty easy to make. In the future, though, I might bake the brownie portion first and then add the other and bake it, as well. Just differ the times, etc. Living at almost 7000′, baking can be stressful. Extra flour, less time, convection….AAAAHHH!! Oh well, they might not have been AS pretty as the site, but they sure tasted good! 🙂
“Cappuccino Cheesecake Brownies”
Using Pillsbury Brownie Mix
- 1 (19.5 oz) pkg Pillsbury Mocha Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2/3 C vegetable oil
- 1/4 C water
- 2 eggs
- For the cheesecake:
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 T unsalted butter, softened
- 1 T cornstarch
- 3/4 t cinnamon, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 t of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Spray a 13 x 9″ baking pan with non-stick spray and set it aside.
- [img src=”https://tigerstrypes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DSCF6677-300×225.jpg” width=”300″ height=”225″ class=”aligncenter size-medium” title=”DSCF6677″ alt=”brownies”]
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs on medium speed for 2 min. Pour and spread evenly into prepared pan.
- [img src=”https://tigerstrypes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DSCF6682-300×225.jpg” width=”300″ height=”225″ class=”aligncenter size-medium” title=”DSCF6682″ alt=”brownies”]
- In another bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until creamy and smooth. Add cornstarch and 1/4 tsp cinnamon and beat until well combined. Add egg, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla, and beat until incorporated. Pour evenly over brownie batter.
- [img src=”https://tigerstrypes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DSCF6686-300×225.jpg” width=”300″ height=”225″ class=”aligncenter size-medium” title=”DSCF6686″ alt=”brownies”]
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon over cheesecake batter.
- [img src=”https://tigerstrypes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DSCF6689-300×225.jpg” width=”300″ height=”225″ class=”aligncenter size-medium” title=”DSCF6689″ alt=”brownies”]
- Bake 30-40 min., or until cheesecake is set in the center.
- [img src=”https://tigerstrypes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DSCF6690-300×225.jpg” width=”300″ height=”225″ class=”aligncenter size-medium” title=”DSCF6690″ alt=”brownies”]
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- [img src=”https://tigerstrypes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DSCF6713-300×225.jpg” width=”300″ height=”225″ class=”aligncenter size-medium” title=”DSCF6713″ alt=”brownies”]
What do you think? Does this look like something you would make? The recipe called for chocolate to be melted and drizzled on top, but I didn’t think it needed any more on it, just went with some powdered sugar! 🙂 Hope you like it!
I would really appreciate it, if the wonderful readers of my blog would be sure and share this post, as well as use the InLinkz tool below to add your own recipe post. Let’s use this as a way to share our great ideas, and help build support for each others blogs!! Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!
DISCLAIMER: TigerStrypes Blog (www.tigerstrypes.com) in no way provides any warranty, express or implied, towards the content of recipes on our website. It is the user’s responsibility to determine the value and/or quality of the recipes and/or instructions that are provided for preparation, and to determine the nutritional value, if any, as well as the safety of the prep instructions. Recipes presented are intended solely for entertainment and/or informational purposes, and for use by those having the appropriate technical skills, at their own discretion and risk. TigerStrypes Blog is not liable, nor responsible for: Adverse reactions to any food which is consumed (i.e. as food poisoning, any kind of food-borne disease), a misinterpreted recipe, domestic accidents (including, however not limited to: house fires, medical accidents, etc.). I make no guarantees of the outcome of your food preparation. Before testing out a new recipe, please read and re-read the complete recipe. Verify that you are not allergic or hypersensitive to any of the ingredients included. Use the correct amounts and necessary tools. These may change due to your location, diet restrictions, etc. Sometimes, the recipes that TigerStrypes Blog posts are created by others and we’re just trying them out. We will post where they can be found, so you’re able to try it yourself, your way. Every recipe that we do test, we will post about our own experience and not those of the recipe author. If you do decide to try this recipe for yourself, you do so at your own risk. Enjoy!
Three things I love the most: Brownies, coffee, and cheesecake! I am going to have to try this recipe. It just looks so yum!!!
BTW, hope you don’t mind, I really like your idea for #TastyTuesday to highlight recipes you’re cooking. Do you mind if I also participate in a #TastyTuesday of my own? I’ve actually been considering sharing some of the recipes I’ve found on Pinterest as well that has worked for my family.
Hi Lissette, I don’t mind. I’m actually praying about if I should continue with these posts, or not. Doesn’t seem like many are interested and I’m not one to have the time to cook/bake often. We’ll see…I’ll let God lead me in a decision! 🙂
Aw dog. These look AMAZING. All the things I can’t have now that I’m gluten free. But I’m told that Aldi has a killer gluten free brownie mix, so maybe I can try this after all. Thanks for the recipe!
There are now so many options for people that have issues with that. Check out your local store, I’m sure you can find something!! 🙂
Well cut me a chunk of these delish looking little pieces of heaven. Can’t wait to try
I tried these this morning. They taste really good. Many of those at work I shared them with this morning really enjoyed them also.
Glad that you liked them, honey! 🙂 I’m getting ready to make “pinwheels” for next weeks post. Get ready to enjoy!
The thought of chocolate and coffee is dreamy!! And there you went and added cheesecake… I’m totally won over!